A sure way to Fail is to have yourself as a coach
There is something really powerful about having someone to coach you, be it in exercise, business or how stay healthy in a modern world
Those who understand that to succeed takes the right information + the right actions + the correct attitude
Let’s look at some folks who are awesome
Bruce Lee had multiple martial art Sifu’s well before he became famous and created his own martial arts style of Jeet Kun Do
Hugh Hackmam was coached and attended Performing Arts Academy well before he hit the big time. His preparations for Wolverine required training with a strength and condition coach and nutrition expert
Both Bruce and Hugh would tell you that a large part of their success is due to their coaches, teachers and mentors
They both have the drive and will to succeed, but also know that to be great they need help. To learn from those who have been there, and understand exactly what’s needed to nail your goals.
So my question is, who is your coach, who’s in your corner wiping the sweat off your brow whilst giving you those little 1% ers that make the difference from you eating canvas
As Great strength coach ‘Dan John, only a fool has himself as a coach.’
Whatever it is you are trying to succeed in….just remember you don’t need to do it on your own!
Here at the Move Studios we provide expert Movement and Nutrition Coaching to help you succeed
Li and I pride ourselves in only teaching the absolute best stuff out there, and if your looking to tightnen up on the food side of things our 12 month Precision Nutrition Program is ideal…check it out.
Are You Confused About Food?
Don’t worry, you are not the only one
Here’s a few example of common nutrition questions we get at the Move Studio….these are all real questions we have been asked
- my Doc said my Cholesterol is High and I should avoid butter..so is low cholesterol margarine good for me?
- I’ve heard that carbs hold water…so if I avoid carbs then I’ll lose weight…right?
- Are multivitamins good for me
- How many Fish oil tankers should I have for my arthritis?
- My Trainer told me to stop eating breakfast as it helps to stabilise early morning blood sugars…is that right?
- I love eating popcorn at the movies….what is popcorn exactly and is it any good for me
- I’m always tired around 3pm….what’s the best food to eat to pick me up
- I’m trying to ‘bulk up’ in pre season….what’s my protein to carb ratios
- What’s the best type of protein powder to use
- What’s a Macronutrient?
- So….should I be eating like my, great,great,great, great, great, great, great , great, great, great,great granddad now?
- I’m due for Total hip Replacement Surgery and my surgeon had told me to lose 10kgs or he won’t do it…..help?
- Should I start experimenting with high fat, ketone based diet to help with my brain fog
- What the hell is kumbucha…..and why do I need bacteria in my gut?
You get the idea….
Let be honest, nutrition science is Really bad, because it’s Really hard to study properly!
So the ‘guidelines’ are pretty flaky in many areas….which leaves them open to a lot of interpretation. Then you get big greedy corporations stepping in with powerful marketing and political power and before you know it we get the Modern Western Diet….which is a metabolic disaster
Then we throw in the normal individual variation of humans + the immense differences in quality of food and the sheer easy accessibility of it…..
It’s confusing as hell
That’s why we love Precision Nutritions approach……making nutrition simple… So we get the time to work out what works for you
With a solid combination of evidence based practice + practical experience coaching over 45,000 people PN teaches you how to be a case study of YOU!
Learning how to eat and move well is not a race, heck we have the rest of our lives to perfect it….so lets get the right information, the best tool, experienced Health and Fitness professionals to coach you on how to take the confusion out of food
It’s a great journey, when you feel totally cool with your food