Im really excited to submit my application to be a presenter at Filex 2016.
For the last twenty years I have been working and studying in the Movement Sciences in the fitness, allied health sectors, and education sectors. My journey in Health and fitness began as a Personal Trainer/group Fitness Instructor, which evolved into Exercise Physiology and then I followed my passion for traditional movement practices including Tai Chi, Qi Qong, Jujtsu and yoga, fuelling my interest in Traditional Chinese Medicine, where I attaining a Masters in Acupuncture in 2006.
Today in my studio I practice as an Exercise physiologist, Personal Trainer, Group Fitness Instructor and Acupuncturist, where my unique blend of knowledge, and experience allows me to use modern movement Sciences with traditional movement practices.
I love my job.
I love helping people find their “movement”, in which ever practice they connect with.
Some of my experiences so far include.
– Senior Exercise Physiologist for Ballarat Health Services for 8 years
– Lecturer for University of Ballarat and Australian Catholic University in Anatomy, Physiology, and Exercise Prescription
– Presenter in Fitness Cert III/IV/Diploma for Australian Institute of Personal Trainers, YMCA Victoria, and Australian College of Sports and Fitness
– Director of MoveEP, Exercise Physiology and Acupuncture Studio for last 7 years
– Exercise Physiologist for Ballarat Aboriginal Co-operative
– Clinical Pilates Instructor
My Presenting includes
– Lecturing at a Tertiary level in Anatomy, Physiology and Exercise Prescription
– Presenting the Certificate III/IV/Diploma fitness-Personal Training (currently presenting for AIPT)
– Writing and Delivering Posture Analysis and Exercise Prescription attracting 5 CECs from Fitness Australia
– Numerous multidisciplinary presentation at Ballarat Health Services in Exercise Physiology
– Group Fitness Instructor since 2000, teaching Pilates, Yoga, Tai Chi, Circuits, Indoor Cycling, RPM, and strength and conditioning.
– Delivering Group Interventions for pathological conditions, such as diabetes, arthritis, obesity ect
For your ease of access I have placed all of my Presentation Application documentation here (in addition to an email version)